This module discusses the concept of advance warning, its benefits, and how to implement a range of advance warning devices.
The Emergency Responder Safety Institute of the Cumberland Valley Volunteer Firemen's Association provides the Responder Safety Learning Network as part of its mission to improve the safety of the nation's emergency responders by:
- Engaging in and promoting activities that include developing educational material to support responder safety training
- Promoting the National Unified Goal (NUG) for Traffic Incident Management (TIM) including responder safety; safe, quick clearance; and interoperable communications
- Encouraging the development of TIM Teams
- Promoting collaboration, communication and cooperation among the nation's emergency responders
- Keeping emergency responders up to date on national rules, regulations and trends related to safe roadway incident operations.
The content on the Responder Safety Learning Network is developed in cooperation with and vetted by recognized consulting experts in the many aspects of traffic incident management. The consultants for each training module are listed under the "Consultants" tab of the module's navigation bar. The members of the CVVFA Emergency Responder Safety Institute are listed here.