This module discusses the concept of advance warning, its benefits, and how to implement a range of advance warning devices.
The opportunity to become a recognized TIM trainer is sponsored by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and hosted by the National Fire Academy (NFA). This is the initial offering of the course at this prestigious institution and is a first for multiple public safety disciplines attending an NFA hosted course on campus.
The National TIM Course is designed to establish consistent training of all roadway responders and achieve the three objectives of the National Unified Goal for Traffic Incident Management:
- Responder Safety
- Safe Quick Clearance
- Prompt Reliable Interoperable Communications
- First multi-disciplinary course offering at the National Fire Academy
- Travel, lodging and course materials are all covered minimizing agency expense.
- The TIM course supports the 16 Life Safety Initiatives (Everyone Goes Home) by setting standardized response actions geared to prevent harm to first responders.
- The program facilitates intra-agency operability and communications eliminating on scene disagreements and facilitating quicker mitigation and clearance.
- The Job Performance Requirements (JPRs) of Draft NFPA 1091 Standard for Traffic Control Incident Management Professional Qualifications are reflected in the TtT course.
Click here to download the registration information. News Archive